An inspirational collection presenting different logos, having a visual focus on birds. See how different companies make the image/symbolism of birds to present their visual identity. A less ritual approach in a more commercial context; a look at how birds are integrated in logo design.
Since medieval times birds have fascinated the human mind. In Asia, birds are seen as symbols of immortality, in East Indian a myth says that every bird in the world represents a departed soul, and in Christian art, birds often appear as saved souls, or the embodiment of the holly spirit.
The hidden meaning of birds in history:
– cranes are associated with longevity, health, happiness, wisdom and good luck.
– eagles are a symbol of power, resurrection and courage;always have been connected to the sun and heaven; a powerful symbol, it signifies rebirth.
– the owl is a symbol of death and darkness; wisdom, insight and virtue.
– for ages, the white dove has been a symbol of peace, gentleness, and purity. It symbolizes the Holy Spirit.
– the peacock heralds spring, birth, new growth, longevity, and love. Is a symbol of beauty, prosperity, royalty, love, compassion, the soul, and peace. It was sacred in China and is the national bird of India.
– the duck offers us emotional comfort and protection. Aids us in attaining a more calm and peaceful path in our lives.
– swans are known for their loyalty to their partners and families, these birds are also known to be highly protective, yet gentle and tender. Their energy is said to aid “healing, enlightenment, and inner knowing”.
When we assimilate this values into the commercial aspect of a logo, they tend to lose the ancient roots and beliefs, and present a more positive approach.
Thrum the following collection of logo designs, I approached the designs that presented birds (owls, eagles, hawk etc) as a part of their identity.
Hope you enjoy them and tell me what you think!